So before January ends I thought it would be productive to finally say out loud, via the computer, what my goals for this year. And by doing so in front of people, essentially, I may set out to accomplish them. That's the goal anyway.
- Complete my living room with two new chairs, art work and re-paint the front entry console/dresser piece. Yes, this is very much a priority for me! It's been far too long the way it is. There will be before & after pictures for you, don't worry.
- Be more creative! I've bookmarked many, many DIY's & tutorials and now I must actually set out and conquer some of them. Not all of course, but a handful would be a good way to get over this fearful hump I'm in. Ok, so let's say 5 projects! I'll keep you in the loop as to which ones I decide soon.
- Make la Ricki a success this year! I see that happening in these ways: meet with business consultant and do absolutely everything she tells me to, create portfolio, continue to grow relationships, maintain a creative presence at jam with stationary, tags & other paper goodies I sell there, and be amazingly persistent.
- Blog! The goal is to post a new entry 1-2 times a week. Of course included in this goal is to master blogspot as well. I want it to to look pretty!
- Be of service. This one I'm not sure as to where or how. My time may be valuable but I know that I can give some of it in some way. Also to make small (very small as of now) donations to some sort of organization; one that is local and one that is for or in a developing nation. -if anyone has suggestions for Number 5 please feel free to tell me please!
- Say 'please' and 'thank you' to my son, husband and really anyone in my life. How can I expect my son to learn politeness if I don't practice it all the time?
Number 3 is really the priority of making everything else fall into place. I'm not perfect and far from it. I don't know everything but I do know some things. What I do know is that I love being creative! I didn't know that a few years ago. For so long I was trying to fit myself into this perfect box, one that was way too left-brained and it wasn't working. So here I am, in 2011, a mommy of an almost 2 year old, wife to an amazing husband and a girlfriend to so many beautiful girlies, working on a new business and learning to be more confident of my talents and beginning success. This year is starting off well, I'm very excited for what it brings and for what I can offer as well.
What are your goals this year? Feel free to share!
ps-just a little pic of Ethan & I, this is what keeps me
going & inspired!