Monday, January 24, 2011

Baked Explorations


Have you all seen this fabulous desserts book?!  These two men, with sassy instructions and detailed guidance have taken some of the best classic desserts and brought them into the modern light.  I love it!  I do not claim to be a baker (at all) but these recipes are so inspiring. I'm ready to add these fine ingredients to my shopping "to-do" list: cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate and vanilla bean paste.  I actually have some of the other ingredients they suggest, yes I'm already patting myself on the back.  I didn't realize this book was such a hit until I noticed many of the blogs I read daily have made posts about it and right now it's in the front window of Williams Sonoma. I was lucky enough to steal this book. Yes, steal!  My lovely friend Alissa hosts an annual gift exchange and one of our equally as lovely girlfriends always has the BEST swag.  So great are her freebies that I got a John Derian cake plate too!  Remember his cool stuff at Target this past summer?  You don't?!  Well clearly nobody at the gift exchange had either and the poor new girl at the party wound up with a not so cool re-gifted item.  I hope she doesn't remember me when the party rolls around again this year!

I will keep you posted on my baking adventure, I'm hoping something will appear for Valentine's Day to impress my handsome hubby.

xox
ricki

No comments:

Post a Comment